If you are a professional fisher, you will know what fish finder is, or you can also call it sounder. This technological improvement acts as a GPS that tracks fish, satisfying our curiosity about what is underneath us by breaking the watery wall between the fish and us.
There is only one goal existing when you go fishing; that will be catching as many fish as you could. You have a new boat, new equipment, new fish finder and you ready to do it. However, are you ready for it yet? Do you have enough confidence to guarantee you know how to make the best performance out of your fish finder? If not, there are some tips for you to follow.
1. Get the best fish finder
Quality always wins over quantities. Don’t buy so many things while they will not last you long. To determine the best fish finder for you, you should:
- Go online and read people’s comments on different brands of fish finder to see what they suggest. Get some ideas of which one you need. Remember to take note or you might forget.
- Test several fish finders at the store to ensure you obtain a good, clean image which will determine whether you’re a successful fisher.
Visit this website if you want to read more about things to know before buying a fish finder.
2. Know your fish finder
A lot of people have no idea why you have to get a fish finder. But still, they will go and get one. What is the point of purchasing something while you do not know what are its features, how to use it or whether it has been set up correctly? Therefore, to use a fish finder effectively:
- Read the manual. Most of the time, everything you need will be written somewhere in the manual. Don’t consider it as a time-consuming and boring job! Would you rather take a few hours to know more about your device or burn your boat petroleum by wandering around while trying to find fish? Don’t waste your precious fishing time.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and install the newest software for your fish finder. Some manufacturers will have their software regularly upgraded so be mindful of this. The newer fish finder’s software eliminates bugs or errors, offering you better image as well as higher chance to catch fish.
- Customize your fish finder due to your preferences. Some people prefer it to be simple; they will turn off most filters to make it easier to read.
3. Plan and practice before you go to a large area
What will you do if your boat suddenly goes out of power and you couldn’t tell your location? You don’t want to be lost, do you? Fishing can be dangerous, so be mindful of planning ahead and having some practice before you go for a big project:
- Learn about the area before you start. Knowing the fish structure prevents you from running around trying to find fish with your device. Save sometime yourself.
- Practice gives you experience, which you cannot get elsewhere. Experience improves your performance on controlling the boat, your devices, resulting in many more fish you can catch.
- Prepare a good transducer and figure out the best location for it to give out clean images. You only can catch fish when you see where they are at.
- Get an endurable power connect. Things like voltage drop and low power may happen anytime, so you want to check your power connect to make sure it’s stable before you start. Avoid interference from other units to your fish finder.
Finally, enjoy your fishing trip!